Upcoming events from the Hudson NH Democrats and other regional democratically related events.
- June 10th 19:00 (7:00pm): Joint meeting with Pelham NH Democrats [Pelham,NH] (Hargreaves Memorial VFW Hall 6 Main Street) [Guest Speaker: Representative Jackie Cilley (D- Barrington: Stratford District 4) read more ]
- June 13th 9:30 am: Hillsborough County Dems Caucus (Milford Town Hall; Milford NH). Keynote Speaker: Billy Shaheen; Husband of US Senator Jeanne Shaheen; and NH committeeman to the DNC.
- June 27th 12:00 (12:00pm) : A Blue BBQ (Hillsborough/Antrim Town Democrats Fundraiser); Hillsborough Fire Department Picnic Grounds; Hillsborough, NH (more details in the calendar)
**Stay tuned for events in Summer 2015.**
- September 17th 19:00 (7:00pm): Joint meeting with Pelham NH Democrats [Hudson,NH] (Rodgers Memorial Library; 194 Derry Road [NH 102] )
- October 14th 19:00 (7:00pm): Joint meeting with Pelham NH Democrats [Pelham NH] (Hargreaves Memorial VFW Hall; 6 Main Street)
- November 19th 19:00 (7:00pm): Joint meeting with Pelham NH Democrats [Hudson,NH] (Rodgers Memorial Library; 194 Derry Road [NH 102] )
- December 9th 19:00 (7:00pm): Joint meeting with Pelham NH Democrats [Pelham NH] (Hargreaves Memorial VFW Hall; 6 Main Street)
For more events: refer to our calendar page
The PelhamNHDems and Hudson NH Democrats welcome Jackie for NH to our next join meeting on Wednesday June 10th at 7:00pm ( John H. Hargreaves Memorial Vfw Post 10722; 6 Main Street Pelham,NH).
From the Jackie for NH (facebook):
Rep. Jackie Cilley to address Hudson/Pelham Democrats
Barrington rep to discuss her minimum wage proposal & budget negotiations
(Barrington, NH) State Representative Jackie Cilley (D-Barrington) will be the featured speaker at the Pelham/Hudson Joint Democratic Meeting on Wednessday, June 10th. Cilley, a former senator and gubernatorial candidate, will discuss her far-reaching proposal to increase New Hampshire’s minimum wage and the budget discussions currently going on Concord.
Jackie for NH event link (Facebook)
Just a reminder:
The next joint meeting of the Hudson NH and Pelham NH Democrats is will be held in Hudson. The meeting will include a guest presenter.
Home of Carol & Karl Stamm
Address details available in our calendar section
May 21st,2015 at 7pm.
Guest Presenter: Daniel Weeks
Background Info about Daniel: (provided by Open Democracy)
Daniel Weeks, Executive Director Open Democracy
Raised in Temple, New Hampshire, Dan was inspired to join the democracy movement by none other than Doris “Granny D” Haddock when he was a teenager at ConVal HS. A 15-year advocate of democratic reform, Dan helped launch Americans for Campaign Reform in 2003 and served as president from 2008-11. In 2005, he led the student campaign to pass comprehensive campaign finance reform in Connecticut and in 2011 he founded the Money and Politics Project in South Africa. Dan has written on poverty and democracy issues for The Atlantic, New York Times, Boston Globe, Christian Science Monitor, and other publications, and is currently writing a book based on poverty-line research he conducted in 30 states by Greyhound bus. A graduate of Oxford and Yale, Dan and his wife, Dr. Sindiso Mnisi Weeks, are now proud residents of Nashua.
Nashua Regional Planning Commission (NRPC)
New Hampshire Fiscal Policy Institute
NH State “Proposed” Budget FY 2016-17
New Hampshire Department of Transportation (NHDOT):
Hillsborough NH County Democrats:Homepage
New Hampshire Democratic Party
For all the highlights of the NHDP State Committee Meeting/town training day. Check out the Nh young dems and Hudson nh dems on twitter.
For those interested in the NH Capitol Corridor (commuter rail expansion). Take a look at the Nashua Regional Planning Commission’s resource page.
For members who were unable to attend the April 8th joint meeting in Pelham. A copy of meeting minutes is available below.
Minutes Joint Meeting 4-8-15 (Hargreaves – Pelham)
Please Note: The next joint meeting of the Hudson/Pelham NH Democrats is at the home of Carol and Karl Stamm (18 Henry Dr; Hudson,NH) on May 21st at 7pm
On April 25th,2015; Members of the Hudson NH Democrats have been invited and plan to attend the NHDP State Committee Meeting/Town Committee Training Day. Some details are availiable in the link: http://eepurl.com/bjAa1b. However most updated details can be found on the Hudson NH Facebook or @Hudson_NHDems on Twitter.
Details about the Northeast Energy Direct Proposed Pipeline Project. Click here to view the Nashua Reigonal Planning Commission’s resource page
NRPC pipeline diagram.